Sunday, September 6, 2009

Owen Benjamin, my big one year old

August 26th came and went and my baby boy turned one. My how time flies. I don't think you understand the reality of that statement until you have a child. One year ago I could not imagine having a one year old. I was consumed by the newness and absolute completeness that Owen had filled me with. Now, not only do I have a one year old, but I can see his whole future ahead of him. How close it is, how real and vivid it feels.

I see him outside playing in the dirt and rocks, loving life, not having a care in the world.
I see him being a strong, loving, older brother, a protector.
I see him walking away from me on his first day of
school, so brave.
I see Corey and I on the sidelines at his games, cheering him on.
I see him growing, going to high school, doing homework, learning to drive.
I see him growing taller then me.

This boy has got me wrapped around his finger. I am so proud to call him mine. I can't wait for him to experience life. All the good he will get to be involved in, all the wonderful things he will do. He has such a sweet happy personality. I thank my Heavenly Father I get to be a mother. Especially to him.


7 comments:

Jana said...

Nean...I am in tears!! Love this post! You are awesome with your words...you need to make a million and write a book!! Love Owen!! Being a mom is the BEST!!!

Natalie said...

I just got chills. That was so sweet. Let's see if you still like him in his terrible TWOs.

Jenn said...

Holy cow!! Your description of being a mom makes me cry...you do have an amazing way of expressing yourself and looking at your little boy. He is an absolute doll and we all love him and you are a great mom!! Would you believe me if I said it only gets better??

P.S. Morgan told him that she got in a fight with her mom and couldn't come over - I think she was embarrassed that she didn't want to stay at his house...

Chris and Brittani Knudsen said...

Happy birthday little Owen, you are such a sweet little guy!

Norine said...

He is getting so big. It is amazing how fast they grow. What a joy it is though to watch them learn. He is so cute.

Robison's said...

He is getting so big and he is so adorable! I loved this post! Glad you guys are doing good, and that little boy fills your life!

Unknown said...

Sorry I'm late,but HAPPY BIRTHDAY OWEN! It really is amazing how the time flies!